Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Barbie goes to London

Several months ago, one of my coworkers gave me a Barbie from McDonald's Happy Meal.  Barbie's top had London emblazoned across it, so I kept her on my desk as a reminder that I was working and saving our money so we could make this fabulous trip to London and places beyond.  I told my coworker then that I would take Barbie with me when we went, and so I did.  See what Barbie was up to on her tour of London.

Of course Barbie's first stop had to be at a McDonald's.  After all, that's her heritage ~ well, at least this edition of Barbie has her heritage from McDonald's. This particular McDonald's is on High Holborn, just across and over from the Holborn Underground station.  It is also just across and over from the Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel where we stayed for three nights pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise.  And where we grabbed free wi-fi to post the earlier blog entries from London.


Speaking of the London Underground, we used the tube to get around to the sites for the first two days we were in London, and of course Barbie needed her own seat.


Our first London attraction was the London Eye.  We had a bit of a wait in the queue line, so Barbie thought she'd pose for a picture.



Obviously, a girl's gotta eat, so Barbie enjoyed her second meal in London at My Old Dutch pancake house.


Barbie's second day in London found her doing one of the required activities for all first-time visitors touring London - riding on a double-decker bus.


She also enjoyed the boat tour on the River Thames where she posed for pictures with backgrounds such as the Tower Bridge, the London Eye from the Embankment, and Big Ben.










All the touring around London took its toll on Barbie so she had a good long rest while we enjoyed the cruise portion of our vacation.  But as soon as she heard we were going to Stonehenge, she got herself together so she, too, could be there.


Barbie, this trip wouldn't have been the same without you. I was surrounded by boys. It was nice to have some girl-power.

And to my coworker - you know who you are - thanks for sending her my way!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I always think we should bring a mascot with us on trips, but we never do.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete